1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC Hero Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drakko3546, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Drakko3546

Drakko3546 New Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Female
    I dropped my HTC hero into the pool and grabbing it just before water could leak in completely. I disassembled it and dried out the battery and phone. I don't think anything has really "broken down", but the water sticker is red. Now it's been a few months and I'm thinking about fixing it up to use as a wifi-only android. That's when I noticed that the batteries for the myTouch 4g and my Hero are similar shaped and similar in size. I think that only the battery broke because it's closer to the outside of the phone, instead of the inside. Could I use my myTouch's battery in the Hero? It's battery is still functional and working. I don't think it'll work though, but it's worth a try.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    I know for a fact that the Sprint HTC EVO 4G battery works in the Sprint HTC Hero. I do not believe that the T-Mobile HTC myTouch 4G battery works in the Sprint HTC Hero though.

Batteries for the Sprint HTC Hero are available relatively cheap online. I would just find a reputable seller and grab one from them.

Tags: