1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Htc hero rogers help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chinqz, Feb 9, 2010.

1. chinqz

chinqz New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Hey everbody

This is my first post so please bear with me i am also new to android so im still learning all terms ( Root, Unroot, different roms, etc ) I recently got a Hero as a gift from my GF I absolutly love this phone but am running into a couple of issues:

1. I cant seem to get 3G network i can only get GPRS and EDGE i believe i used the right setting i copy the settings from this link

Rogers APN Configuration for Android Phones : ~Revo Fora~

I am able to go on and surf the web and recieve emails and all that stuff but surfing seems a little slugish compared to other phones ive used before ( BB, Iphone 3GS, Nokia ) i was wondering if there is a particular way i should set up the settings or is there an update i can download?

2. Before posting i went on HTC international too see if i can down load update but when i entered my S/N it tells me that its not compatible so i cant download i was wondering if there was a fix for this or another way around it.

My other issues i searched on the forum here and i found out that we, who live in canada, are pretty much S.O.L in terms of 1.6 or 2.0 os and paid app market :mad::mad::mad:

I have no Idea whether if this is a Euro Phone or a Telus unlocked Hero or not i was wondering if you guys can help me out with that also by just looking at the info below

here is my info

Provider: Rogers Canada
    Model Number: HTC HERO
    Firmware version: 1.5
    Baseband Version 63.18.55.06eu_6.35.06.18
    Kernel Version: 2.6.27-44690C1ahtc-kernel@and18-2
    Build Number: 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020 Release-key
    Softwar Version: 1.0.0.A6288

Thanks guys
    Android Rocks

Advertisement

Tags: