• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC HERO Snesoid/xxx_oid/ very choppy.. Solutions?

tannerw_2010

May 23, 2010
Ok so I got my Sprint Hero a couple days ago, and one of the first things I did was download Snesoid and Gameboid. Added some roms, and they loaded up fine, except they are so choppy, it is not playable. In attempts to make it run smoother, I cleared everything off of my main screens, and used Advanced app killer to make sure everything was off. Still, not much better. I was wondering if anyone has any clues as to what I should do? I am thinking about getting a Class 6 micro sd card, I heard that it would help, but would it help that much? Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have searched google for many different possible solutions, but none of them have worked so far. Any ideas?

P.S. I am running Android 2.1; it isn't any faster than 1.5 as far as the emulators go FWIW.

-Tanner

I wish I could, but that is really not in the question for me. The $10 a month fee extra is just something that I am not willing to pay, as funds are tight the way it is I just don't think it is a true NEED (I just needed a smart phone period, upgrading from a Samsung Reclaim lol).

So the fact that sprint did not make it optional to have the $10 fee (we don't even have 4g where I live anyway which is ridiculous that they would make people pay for it), I think there is money spent in better in other places so I'm just going to have to live without ever getting an EVO :<

Upvote 0
Tanner, I think you will be pleased to find out that there are several ROMs out now for the Hero that can overclock it to a nice speed!

Between the overclock, JIT, and removing HTC Sense you should have no problem running those games. I would recommend having one nandroid setup for your games and then another for everyday use. Once you get it setup, it only takes a few minutes to switch between the two. Worst case scenario, you end up using the overclocked version all the time, or wait it out till the good guys over at xda get all the wrinkles ironed out.

I am happy to PM you where to find the ROM's but out of respect to AF, don't want to plaster links to other message boards.

Hope this helps you out! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones