1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC HERO (Sprint) microsd card questions (classes and supported I/O speeds)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by textbookpscyo, Dec 11, 2009.

1. textbookpscyo

textbookpscyo Newbie

Hello All

I have seen a lot of debate in different places as to what speeds the HTC HERO will read and write at. Most recently I saw a posting someone had of an email from HTC stating that the I/O speeds are limited to that of a class 2 device. I have two questions:
    1) is can anyone else able confirm or refute that?
    2) are I/O speeds hardware or software limited? (By that I mean is it a software driver for the sd read that limits the read write speed or is it the actual hardware part that limits the read write speed)

I am curious about question two because if it is just software then it seems like HTC would be able to go in and change the driver code to allow read/write speeds up to class 6 devices.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andy d

andy d Android Enthusiast

You need to post this on the Sprint forum.
    I would have thought..

3. textbookpscyo

textbookpscyo Newbie

Why, HTC is the manufacture of the phone not Sprint. I don't see why Sprint would have a say in how HTC develops microSD support. If any where I would think you would have suggested the HTC forums but my experience is they are not all that forth coming with information. I posted here because this was the HTC HERO section of the andriod forum and was reaching out to other owners if they knew anything.

4. wuthton

wuthton Android Enthusiast

Obviously the write speed of a "good" class 6 card is much quicker.

Does the hero read it any quicker? Tricky to tell.

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

get a class 6 card and a class 2 card send 1gb to each and time the results, would that work ?

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews