• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero Sync - Help

k847ybm

Lurker
Sep 17, 2009
Hello, I hope someone can help -

Now the new ROM update for the HTC Hero is available naturally I want to install it so I want to use HTC Sync since it says it wipes your phone during the upgrade and I don't fancy installing everything again.

My problem -
I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of HTC Sync but for some reason it doesn't look like the software picks up that my phone is connected via the USB. On the website it says in my notifications bar on the Hero it should say if it has picked up HTC Sync - The only notification I have is to mount/unmount my SD card to copy/view files, nothing about HTC Sync.
I have rebooted, un-installed and re-installed the software but no joy at all and I need this ROM upgrade! Please help me, someone....
Thanks.

Thanks guys, the reboot of the phone sorted it and I have the new ROM upgrade. I did presume the HTC Sync would back up my sms messages and people in my phonebook but what a suprise I had after the install of the new ROM - All my messages and contacts had gone.

Luckily I still had my previous contracts sim card that still had my contacts so just imported them to my phone.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hi, I had the same problem for me there were two things wrong:
HTC sync installed the software so it would run, but not the drivers so it wouldn't find the phone. You can download the zip file from the HTC site, plop them into your system folder for HTC drivers.

The other issue was that the pc did not recognize the phone in the device drivers (because there werent any) - so once those are in there, find your device (look for ADB that needs a driver update) then choose update and to MANUALLY locate the drivers, point them to the folder you plopped them into - reboot, reconnect and it *should* walk you through the wizard. Good luck!

Now... if anyone can tell me how to sync this to my *car phone book I would be much indebted... used to work fine with my treo, its like droid doesnt even see an incoming request and I cand find any options to upload phonebook...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones