• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC IME Constantly Deletes Dictionary

condog

Android Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2010
Ive been using the HTC ime as my keyboard for a while but recently, it constantly deletes the dictionary. Ive also noticed during this time a drop in performance(have to reload all of widgets on homescreen when i go back to homescreen) Running P3 1ghz and 1.0.1 nexbeast. Any help would be great.

Ive been using the HTC ime as my keyboard for a while but recently, it constantly deletes the dictionary. Ive also noticed during this time a drop in performance(have to reload all of widgets on homescreen when i go back to homescreen) Running P3 1ghz and 1.0.1 nexbeast. Any help would be great.

I had that problem before. The solution for me was making a whole new one and naming it a different file. Sounds weird, but that's all it took for me. Now I'm using v25 of gimpsta's HTC IME keyboard, and it works flawlessly. Can't complain...Now my file name "HTCIMEKeyboard.apk" just like that....

Upvote 0
I am running BBV10 stock HTCIMEkeyboard... where can i download it again?

I use http://www.gimpsta.com and build mines from scratch. When you download it, it'll download as a zip. So extract it and drop the .apk file to the root of your SD and install it again. Make sure its V25. Do you have the "clicker" apk and the "lib" file?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones