• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Incerdible Hot battery SHORT life

haysys

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
Hi All, (Please for give the double post from Introductions)

I'm new here and I have a problem: I've owned an HTC Incredible for about 6 months, and it's been great. A few days ago, I noticed the phone was really warm; much warmer than it has been in the past. 2-3 days prior to that, I had been out in the hills and turned on location services (turned these off a couple of hours later). That's the only thing that I can think of that could have initiated this, but I've used these services before with no issue.

Since then, my phone has continued to run hot... been running out of power after 3-4 hours (previously, I've been able to get a full day with no problem and sometimes considerably more than that). I have gone over all settings and find nothing running other than phone and mail services. No WIFI, Location, music or such. My battery is currently at 39.7 C. I've rebooted the thing several times to no effect. Stock battery.

I've read a lot of threads here and elsewhere, but can find no viable leads.

I would sure appreciate any helpful hints or recommendations.

Thanks!!

David

Hi All, (Please for give the double post from Introductions)

I'm new here and I have a problem: I've owned an HTC Incredible for about 6 months, and it's been great. A few days ago, I noticed the phone was really warm; much warmer than it has been in the past. 2-3 days prior to that, I had been out in the hills and turned on location services (turned these off a couple of hours later). That's the only thing that I can think of that could have initiated this, but I've used these services before with no issue.

Since then, my phone has continued to run hot... been running out of power after 3-4 hours (previously, I've been able to get a full day with no problem and sometimes considerably more than that). I have gone over all settings and find nothing running other than phone and mail services. No WIFI, Location, music or such. My battery is currently at 39.7 C. I've rebooted the thing several times to no effect. Stock battery.

I've read a lot of threads here and elsewhere, but can find no viable leads.

I would sure appreciate any helpful hints or recommendations.

Thanks!!

David

I am having the exact same problem. nothing seems to resolve it. I just ordered a new battery, but I'm skeptical. I was using a car charger while using the navigation. That's the first time it got hot for me, and ever since then (about a week ago) it's been hot and not holding a charge.
Any news about this problem?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I went in to Verizon and demonstrated the problem. The woman who served me was very helpful. She logged into my account, spoke with a tech rep, and ordered a new (refurbished) phone for me. It was delivered to my door the next day. I kept the existing battery and used it in the replacement phone.

The problem disappeared. I now get about two days of service from a single charge without location services or wireless turned on. Or about a day with both turned on.

I'd return the battery unopened... I doubt it will solve your problem.

Cheers!!

David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones