1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Incredible 2: Please help if possible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AllusiveGold, Sep 27, 2011.

1. AllusiveGold

AllusiveGold Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Male
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, I apologize in advance if a thread similar as this has previously been posted. Here is my issue. Today, 9/27/11, my phone was prompted for an update to which I deferred.

The problem: even after doing so about 2-3 times (as I didn't care to set the date at a later time) I hit the power button to darken the screen and after a minute or so, my phone restarted and began to apply the update...

Now, after it restarted and went to the android and the progress bar below, it got about a third of the way though before a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it showed up. I took the battery out to power off the phone, turned it back on. After it got to the main screen, several seconds after, the phone automatically shut itself down and restarted. Going back into the updating process. Again, it messed up.

I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I restored a previous rom that I knew worked. I should mention, my phone is rooted and I have played with a couple ROMS, (CyanogenMod 7 and MIUI). After restoring the ROM, everything APPEARED to be fine, except I had ZERO signal. Why this was happening I have no idea. But in all honesty, I believe it actually happened before I even flashed it to the previous ROM. I then decided to unroot my phone and do a factory data reset.

So now, it's back to Froyo, downloaded the OTA Gingerbread update zip and applied it myself. So now it's back to 2.3.3. My phone worked periodically and then a couple hours later it lost the mobile network again. I then decided to call Verizon. I should note at this point, I am fairly new to all of this. I have had this phone for just about 2 months, rooted it and played around with the two ROMS. I have NEVER, EVER had any issues with the phone before this OTA update. At that, I don't even think it was applied.

My assumption is, the phone is bricked. I will be getting a new (to me) certified pre owned ADR6350 Thursday. So this is what I figure. Between now and then, I would like to try anything that I can to get this phone functional again. I mean.. It works.. But it doesn't work..

When I was on the phone with a Tier 2 Verizon tech/rep, whatever, he had me use ##778 and go into the NAM settings and change a few things. At first, it didn't work (which is why he is sending me a new phone). Funnily enough, we get off the phone, I do another reset of the phone, apply all the settings he told me to and it worked. For about FIFTEEN minutes.. Literally I could text and make calls and everything was fine. Then, it just lost signal, again.

If there is anyone here willing to help me try and figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to think that if I got the phone in this state, I MUST be able to get it out. But I say this because I don't know the severity of the situation.

If you've managed to read this much, again, I would appreciate any help. I can be contacted on literally anything by either a messenger or email at AllusiveGold. Literally I use it on anything and everything.

Thanks again

Advertisement

2. AllusiveGold

AllusiveGold Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Male
    Fort Wayne
    I should add, I mostly use AIM and Skype, should anyone actually be willing to contact me.