• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC incredible - froyo 2.2

Blutz18

Feb 20, 2010
I got the update today OTA.

Things I like:

Google search widget just became much more useful, it lets you ad items to the drop down box or you can just clik the microphone if you like the voice actions ( this widget just made it to my home page ). to me this is one of the best parts of the upgrade

flashlight - very impressive with 3 different brightnesses

App sharing - nice addition ( I do wish you could share contacts and other things like bump ) butt still a nice addition.

Remove applications from the settings menu works better now. I got rid of the uninstall app.

New system manager works well - I uninstalled my last app that i was using for this function.

3 new Settings widgets ( profile, ringtone, and hotspot ).

Love the 720P video recorder

Questions:

Hot spot - I have the app but I tried to link my Ipod touch to my phone and it couldn't find it, do I have to sign up with Verizon before It will work ?

Swype - I thought it was put on this update but I dont know how to make it work ?

Flash 10.1 - I cant find it in the market place but I think I am running it because it tells me every once in a while flash is being disabled due to the battery life being low. I would like to be able to turn it on and off when needed if possible.

Is there an App launcher that came with 2.2 and where do I find it. I would like to test that.

Does Qik allow 720p video or just the camcorder ?

Things I Don't Like:

Bigger icons in my folders - I prefer the smaller icons, now I have to scroll through a couple of the folders.

Reader widgets - I prefer my google reader bookmark with the information being pushed to my phone vs this new system. I might be missing something here so I will play with it more but it looks like I have to go to the reader and select a category and then it populates my screen.

There is a lot more out there on this update please let me know what you guys enjoy about it.

I've found that the task killer that I used to use to save battery life is no longer effective. Thus, every few minutes several applications open on their own and effectively drain my battery. Any suggestions out there? I've been told that a hard reset will take care of this problem, but I'd rather not have to go through the whole new phone set-up process to get my phone back to where it is currently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones