• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Incredible + Infiniti G37 Sedan

JimmyJam

Mar 30, 2010
Is there a way to play the music on my phone through my Infiniti G37?

There's a USB input in the center console, which works great with my wifes Ipod, but when I plug my incredible into my car using my usb cable, i can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried it in charger mode, as well as mounted, and no dice. :(

Yah I can't get mine to work either through my Pioneer head unit which also has USB on the front. Maybe try enabling USB Debugging? And I would imagine it needs to be on Mounted mode.

My unit says Unrecognized file, so it appears as if it's seeing something. Maybe it's looking at the internal storage rather than the SD card.

Upvote 0
I use my bluetooth to stream music all the time (not in Infiniti though). Make sure the phone is synced properly and check any car settings that might say "allow bluetooth streaming" or something like that. Of course, make sure the Aux is enabled as opposed to FM/CD. Try starting up some music on your phone then mess with the car settings until you hear it playing through the speakers. You shouldn't hear any music through the phone's speaker if synced properly.

Upvote 0

There's a USB input in the center console, which works great with my wifes Ipod, but when I plug my incredible into my car using my usb cable, i can't seem to get it to work.

Jimmy, I thought that interface was exclusively for Ipod though...at least it is on my 06 G35.

P.S. How do you like the 37? is the paint as good as they say?

Upvote 0
Huh, I just went to the Infiniti site and I see that they are going to be offering a smaller engine in the G next year...a 2.5 L V6.

Anyway, do you not have an AUX port?

As for the bluetooth, the stereo will need to have support for streaming music (check your owners manual). NOTE: My 2009 370Z doesn't support it; your G may not either.

Does the USB port on the phone support audio out? Don't know and didn't know if it does. You may need to locate a 3.5MM to USB cable or adapter of some sort.

Do you have any other connections in there? Is there an audio/video RCA? Could definitely find a cable for this..either to the 3.5mm or this HTC Droid Incredible Accessories, Cases, Covers, Batteries & More

Upvote 0
Yah I can't get mine to work either through my Pioneer head unit which also has USB on the front. Maybe try enabling USB Debugging? And I would imagine it needs to be on Mounted mode.

My unit says Unrecognized file, so it appears as if it's seeing something. Maybe it's looking at the internal storage rather than the SD card.

My Pioneer head unit worked great with my phone until 2.2, when it would no longer read from the SD card. I moved some of my music to internal storage and that seemed to fix it, but I have way more music than internal free space :\

Upvote 0

I have this exact car with the exact problem. I however have an rca input in the console in the middle that does video and left and right audio. You have to buy the cable that will convert your headphone jack into the rca output, can get it for 10 bucks at radio shack. But I have not been able to stream the audio via bluetooth, only can do phone calls.

And yes the G37S is fantastic

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones