• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible is the Nexus One and Moto Droid killer

JimmyHat

Dec 17, 2009
Face it. The google.com/phone site says it all. "Spring 2010" for the Nexus One. Once the Incredible is in stores, don't expect any excitement about the Nexus One.

That's what happens when you are late to market. Nexus had a chance, but all bets are off now.

I don't think anyone that experiences the Incredible in a brick and mortar store will not look at the Nexus or the Moto Droid.

Get with the program Google, get in the stores and lower your price.

I am Looking for to the 19th when preorders start.

Face it. The google.com/phone site says it all. "Spring 2010" for the Nexus One. Once the Incredible is in stores, don't expect any excitement about the Nexus One.

That's what happens when you are late to market. Nexus had a chance, but all bets are off now.

I don't think anyone that experiences the Incredible in a brick and mortar store will not look at the Nexus or the Moto Droid.

I don't see how the Incredible compares to the Droid, when the Droid has a glut of 3rd party accessories, a physical keyboard, and a much larger advertising campaign.

Upvote 0

... No. The Droid Incredible is an alternative to the Nexus One.
Rumor has it the nexus wll have something the other phones do not. I guess we will have to wait and see. But I think they better have at least some sort of announcement soon otherwise many will just go and pick up the Incredible. Although I am sure Google is fine with that too.

Bill
Yeah, that's the dual mic and 802.11n radio. (It seems the DI will have 802.11n)

Upvote 0
I think we'll see a price drop for Moto Droid once Inc. releases, taking Eris's spot in the budget smartphone category. This will keep the phone selling well for at least another quarter.

As far as differences between the two phones, the biggest advantage that I see N1 maintains over Inc. isn't in what it has, but what it lacks... SenseUI. I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer to have the option of adding this "feature" (via root) rather than (incompletely) removing it from my phone.

One other bonus the N1 will have is exclusivity. Being the only one on the block with this phone does have a certain appeal to it. The Inc. is going to sell like gangbusters, everyone will have them (I saw a Droid out in the wild the following day after its release). And each time you see some pimply-faced kid walking around with the same device you have, your Inc will look a little less shiny.

Who am I kidding though, I'll probably end up with the Inc. too. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well if you want a physical keyboard, the Droid is still the king.

But apart from that, the incredible will outsell the Droid. Unless the Incredible has issues like the N1.

Regardless, I'm not changing to a incredible. Would I have bought the incredible over the droid at the time I bought my droid? Probably.

Upvote 0
I don't know why people think there's some kind of competition between Droid/N1/Incredible. to Google it doesn't matter; they don't care which one u get because either way it's still Android LOL

Google doesn't, but verizon does (nexus/incredible). The nexus is available on multiple carriers while the incredible has better specs and is just for verizon. I wouldn't say it's a droid killer either because it doesn't have a physical keyboard and many people prefer that (personally, i'm faster with the onscreen since the droid's keys are so small and close together).

Upvote 0
Yeah I understand the "early adopter woes." I preordered but plan on sending it back, I just want to see how well I adapt to the touch screen. There are ALOT of reviews stating that the signal strength is NOT on par with the droid.

Wow...given that I had to make an antenna mod for my (2) Droids, which were returned for just that issue, that does not bode well. I also saw flaky reception with the HTC Touch Pro 2, on AT&T, compared to constant "full bars" with a Motorola Q, et al.

The wait continues.

Upvote 0
The accessories will undoubtedly be coming for the Incredible ! And the commercials i'm sure will start soon, Verizon is a very smart company and there is now way that their Flagship phone isn't going to get the TV time that it deserves. Sold my Droid last night ordered My incredible today. Using the LG Venus in the meantime until HTC Incredible arrives and MAN THIS PHONE SUCKS! :) LOL

Upvote 0
I don't see how the Incredible compares to the Droid, when the Droid has a glut of 3rd party accessories, a physical keyboard, and a much larger advertising campaign.

1. Third party accessories will become available for any new phone after launch, before any phone is released there never is any accessories. If this is your argument for not upgrading you will always be buying old tech instead of cutting edge when it is first released.

2. Physical keyboard is a negative because it adds too much bulk to a phone when on screen keyboards work great.

3. The only people that buy things based only on advertising are people that cannot think for themselves. Do you really need TV to tell you what to buy???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones