1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Incredible S Camara

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by traxstarr, Sep 15, 2011.

1. traxstarr

traxstarr Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Ok I have an Incredible S and when I take photos with camera I noticed that the photos are never 8mb. The settings I have are 8mb etc.. When I transfer the photos to PC via disk drive they are not even a 1mb.
    What is going on? So technically the Iphone Camera is better then?

Advertisement

2. orb

orb Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    The Incredible S has an 8MP (Megapixel) camera, this means that in each image taken there are 8 million pixels. The actual file size of the image is a different thing, as this depends on the type of compression method used on the image for storing etc.

3. traxstarr

traxstarr Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Thanks. So I can actually take the photos and enlarge them when developing then? I noticed my normal camera is the same way 10mb and the sizes are 1mb-3mb..which i though something wrong so now I played with settings on both.

4. orb

orb Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    If the camera is set to 8MP (3264 x 2468 resolution,) the digital image will make at least a good A4 print, and decent desktop picture too (even on a 26" monitor.)

The image on the camera is actually still (8MP,) however it is squashed so that all the pixels fit on the screen (that's why the image is so sharp on the phone.)

No enlargement of the image is necessary when transferring it over to a computer as the image is still 8MP in size, your computer will just open it either to a maximum window size or full screen depending on what you choose.

You may find these explanations helpful too.

The Megapixel Myth