1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Incredible S from China - No gapps/ Google Account and therefore no Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by larrycodie, Jan 2, 2012.

1. larrycodie

larrycodie Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Hello All, can't find a link for this one.

I have a HTC Incredible S (from China) - has Android 2.3.3. Using it now in England.

Because it's from China, gapps (Google account software) is not installed so I can't associate this phone with Android Market and therefore can't get apps.

I would rather not root the phone but if this is the last option then I will have to.

Does anyone know how to get the gapps/ Google Account software on this phone?

I have gone through settings - add account etc. and Google Account is still not there.
    I have reset the phone when back in England and still the same,

Thanks,

LarryCodie.

Advertisement

2. othelil

othelil Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Student
    Had the same phone, same problem. I had no luck unlocking the bootloader the official way. While the code worked, when it asked me to say yes/no to unlocking the bootloader, I could not confirm yes, only no.

Instead, you need Revolutionary to set S-OFF. My device was HBOOT 1.16, so yours probably is to. Therefore you'll need to downgrade HBOOT to 1.13 first. Get information on downgrading here:
    [TOOL]-[9 Jan 2012]S-off for HBOOT 1.16.0000 v2.1 - xda-developers

After you downgrade and run the revolutionary tool, your phone will be in the free and clear. This process does a non-China factory reset, and results in you having the European rom.

3. johnny18

johnny18 Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    I bought my HTC Incredible S from China and was depressed that I couldn't have market until the update for 2.3.5 came out. Mu google maps needed an active google account and then I got it!!:)

If you are very desperate, I guess and can S-off and root your phone but at your own risk..

4. larrycodie

larrycodie Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Thanks for the info othelil.

I was looking for a way to get the gapps software on the phone without having to root it, but it looks like this is not possible :-(

Is this revolution software tool safe and simple? I'm a bit of a newbie with playing with the phones software....

5. ldaryl

ldaryl Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    try visting htt p://www. appchina. com/ with ur phone browser. delete the in between spaces.

6. ldaryl

ldaryl Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    try visting htt p://www. appchina. com/ with ur phone browser. delete the in between spaces.