• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible Verizon's ace in the hole?

Mykpfsu

Android Expert
Oct 28, 2009
"We've just been able to confirm with a trusted source that the Incredible -- one of the codenames found in HTC's leaked Android 2.1 ROM -- is destined for Verizon. We don't know what the Incredible is, but given its... well, incredible name, we can only assume it's going to be a beast -- possibly yet another name for the Dragon / Passion. Our source isn't sure whether Incredible is a go-to-market name or just something that's being thrown around internally, but frankly, it's just dorky enough so that we hope they stick with it."

HTC Incredible is coming to Verizon, better live up to its name -- Engadget Mobile

Oh no...

Tiposter.jpg

I guess its better than the Passion from Victoria's Secret.

Upvote 0
It's the Bravo!

Look at a line from that leaked HTC lineup. Notice how it says the incredible delivers?

htc_2010_product_roadmap_18_htc_bravo.jpg

Dont see it, but thankfully I know where it says that because Ive been reading up on this stuff daily hahahaha. Still think this could easily be a typo, and if the Nexus One has taught me anything its restraint and caution. Engadget seems reliable but like all blogs its hit or miss with there 'trusted sources'. I dont have to know a release date or get an official announcement right off the bat but what I would at least like to hear is: "Youll here something official in one to three months." Likely? No. So once again, its wait and see.

Upvote 0
Unless we're in codename hell and everything is all mixed an jumbled up now, the problem is that the HTC Incredible is also in that same leaked shitty quality "brochure" from the guy at XDA Developers. Yes I know this is only supposed to be the European released for T-Mobile Europe, but still I wouldn't think there would be two incredibles that were completely different phones in the UK and US, they may have slight variants (eg. hero), but not a totally different phone. If I remember correctly, the Incredible in that brochure is the 2010 version of the hero, updated looks and some specs.

I pointed out that little piece in the brochure where they say "The Incredible" in the Bravo section earlier on when it was first leaked, as I thought it might add some questionable circumstances to the whole thing. Still it is another interesting point being raised here, that maybe the Incredible could be the US version of the Bravo. I can't say I would mind, and I'd hope it would be out in January, but I kinda doubt both that it is the Bravo, or that it will be out in January...

There is of course still the standing issue of what is the PassionC....? Could the leaked list of code names from that ROM just be an early list, and not all of those are actually going to be phones that get released, or can Verizon surprise us and push the sun back up in the sky a little longer?

TIME WILL TELL!!!!! (hopefully not too much more, or I'm buying the Eris)

Upvote 0
Booser, were you referring to the rom dump when you said the incredible was listed? Because in your post it seemed you said it was in the brochure (not the rom), which it isnt. The hero successor your referring to is believed to be the legend if I remember right and that IS in the brochure. I dont know for if thats the 'next hero' for sure but thats what I remember reading on a couple sites.

Upvote 0
My mistake, haven't looked at the brochure in a while now and I got the Legend and Incredible mixed up. Yes according to the guy who leaked the brochure, and I think according to the brochure itself, The LEGEND is an ancestor of the Hero. The INCREDIBLE is not listed in the brochure at all, it was listed in the leaked ROM List of model names....

SO, that does make this threads theory more possible that the Incredible could be the US Version of the Bravo. Obviously still highly speculative considering that the only proof that the Bravo and Incredible MIGHT be the same phone going to different carriers / regions is that little mess up in the brochure referring to the Bravo as the Incredible. So who knows, but I hope this may come true, and come true on Verizon BY JANUARY!!!!!!!!!

Still now, another good question is, what is the PassionC? If it is a CDMA version it could go Verizon or Sprint, or any other CDMA carrier around the world. The other thing still up in the air is are the Nexus One and the Passion the same phone, or are all those rumours wrong?

TOO MANY RUMOURS!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I dont have to know a release date or get an official announcement right off the bat but what I would at least like to hear is: "Youll here something official in one to three months." Likely? No. So once again, its wait and see.

Agreed.

And...I know that there will always be something new "around the corner". I would just like to know that if I buy the Droid or whatever, that my device will be the latest/greatest for at least a few weeks, and that "around the corner" isn't 10 days after I made my purchase

Upvote 0
I pointed out that little piece in the brochure where they say "The Incredible" in the Bravo section earlier on when it was first leaked,

Coming from a sell in background in luxury goods i think there is a good chance that the US equivalent to the Bravo could be the incrdible because most likely makreting was using the same sell in sheet with the Incredible and forgot to change out Incredible with Bravo for the Euro Tmo sell in sheets.

Upvote 0
This kind of thing is why i come to this forum. Totally speculative yet exciting observations and theories.

@booser4: I remember you pointing out this mistake in the brochure. Of the theories on the mistake (fake, typo, alternative name), in light of the engadget article i'd say the possibility that incredible is another name for the Bravo (cdma version) is most logical. Only thing that doesn't jive is that leaked list that has Incredible but not IncredibleC... Maybe that stuff can't be trusted.

Alright, Bravo coming to the V, i'm on the hype/hope band wagon.

Upvote 0
Dont see it, but thankfully I know where it says that because Ive been reading up on this stuff daily hahahaha. Still think this could easily be a typo, and if the Nexus One has taught me anything its restraint and caution. Engadget seems reliable but like all blogs its hit or miss with there 'trusted sources'. I dont have to know a release date or get an official announcement right off the bat but what I would at least like to hear is: "Youll here something official in one to three months." Likely? No. So once again, its wait and see.

I saw where it said "The Incredible". It's in the 3rd paragraph talking about video.

I'm happen to know now that's it's coming to Verizon. The question is when?

Upvote 0
I saw where it said "The Incredible". It's in the 3rd paragraph talking about video.

I'm happen to know now that's it's coming to Verizon. The question is when?

Yeah I knew where it was just attempting to make a joke at the fact that I spend way too much time puring over this stuff and that it was such a poor copy of the brochure that you could hardly read it. Attempt, fail. hahaha

Upvote 0
This kind of thing is why i come to this forum. Totally speculative yet exciting observations and theories.

@booser4: I remember you pointing out this mistake in the brochure. Of the theories on the mistake (fake, typo, alternative name), in light of the engadget article i'd say the possibility that incredible is another name for the Bravo (cdma version) is most logical. Only thing that doesn't jive is that leaked list that has Incredible but not IncredibleC... Maybe that stuff can't be trusted.

Alright, Bravo coming to the V, i'm on the hype/hope band wagon.

The lack of a incredibleC model name would mean nothing. The Eris was the HTC Desire, not Desire C. In their 2009 lineup HTC didn't make sense multiple models with the word W went to verizon (imagio=whitestone w) but one model with a W went to Sprint with another C model going to sprint. Also they could just throw out some model names to screw with people.

HTC's Entire 2009 Lineup Apparently Leaked | WMExperts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones