• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible vs HD2 (CDMA vs GSM) battery life

linesablur

Apr 29, 2010
Compared the 2 on HTC's website:

Both use same 1Ghz processor

HD2 has Windows mobile, 4.3 inch screen(same resolution as Incredible), 5MP camera, 1230mah battery, and uses GSM network (looks to have some type of CDMA backup).

Talk time: 313 minutes (Incredible), 380 minutes (HD2)

Standby time: 146 hours (Incredible), 490 hours (HD2)!!!!

I'm guessing CDMA vs GSM explains most of this. I have no idea, but I'd guess that Windows mobile is no more efficient than the Android operating system at conserving battery. The HD2 even has a larger screen that presumably draws more power, and a slightly smaller battery.

So the question becomes: Does Verizon have the best network despite CDMA, or because of CDMA?

Final word: For very active phone users, I don't think there would be much difference in battery life, because with the phone being charged every night, a long standby time doesn't really come into play. Other factors such as 3G use, display use and operating system use will be the primary factors that drain the battery.

Yeah, GSM is more battery friendly cause it doesn't maintain a constant connection to the tower unlike CDMA.

But I can always get power somehow (car, desk, USB, solar), but when I have no signal, I'm hosed. So I stick with the one that gets signal in the boondocks the best.

Maybe in a couple years things will change, always have to keep my options open.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones