• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible vs. HTC Bravo ("Desire")

Anonimac

Your mom goes to college.
Oct 28, 2009
ok, so now that we have some news about the Nexus One for Verizon potentially being the Bravo, lets get some dialogue going about what we think of this and which phone will be the premier flagship product for Verizon in the near term.

For reference:
HTC Desire (formerly Bravo) leaked press shot, the Nexus One for the masses - now with full specs! - Android @ MoDaCo

HTC Bravo Renamed Desire, Verizon’s Nexus One? | Android Phone Fans

Main differences i see (based on reported spec's for each):
RAM: Desire (576MB) > Incredible (256MB)
CPU: Desire 1 Ghz > Incredible possibly 850 Mhz based on one report; could be equal
720p: Desire (no support) < Incredible (supports)
Looks: Desire looks like reported Bravo > Incredible has funky back cover, "interesting" color...(note: very subjective opinion here, but i think "Bravo/Desire" looks better)

I'll edit as we know more...

Upvote 0
Hard to say without real Incredible specs. From the video of the Incredible, it DOES have Sense. Also, where do we know the Incredible supports 720p recording?

I think the Desire wins on all fronts. Makes the Incredible look a little lame.

Whoops, that was an obvious overlook (Sense)...i knew the incredible had it since i started the Incredible tread in the other sub-forum...fixed now, thanks!

The 720p recording comes from that T-Mobile roadmap that had it as the Bravo but kept referencing "Incredible" in the text.

Upvote 0
8 months?? I thought that the Incredible or N1 was coming real soon. I know those are not 100% like this but I would take one of those as well. What did you mean by 8 mos???

I meant for something like the Desire/Bravo. The Incredible is a disappointment, IMO, and this newly announced phone overshadows the Nexus One a little bit. At this point, between the Incredible and N1 on Verizon's network, I'm all about the N1 but I'm worried we'll have the same limited support from Google with Verizon being hands off. That's a bit of a turn off for me as I'd rather not have to deal with the potential HTC/Google headaches. I guess one limited option is better than the ZERO options I've had over the past two years.

Upvote 0
I have no real experience but it seems like adding Sense is really what the platform is about. You have a basic open-platform. And rely on developers to provide the extra level of UI and "oomph". Except there don't seem to be any CalTech or MIt students with thousands of hourse to space to bring a whole level of "cool" to the platform. Which is where HTC adds Sense to bring it all up to a higher and more consistent level. It's hard to understand why you'd want to avoid Sense- except that upgrades MIGHT come faster. (On the other hand, look at the promises and delays of the Droid update scenario- anything but speedy and efficient)

If that N1 hits Verizon, and with Google as the non-supporter they have been, I sure HOPE it has Sense overlay. HTC is the best thing out there for Android as far as I can see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones