• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible vs. Verizon Nexus One

Why so many similar phones with similar capabilities on the same provider. What's the difference between the Incredible and the soon to hopefully be Verizon Nexus One? Sounds like an indenticle phone to me. :thinking:

Hardware wise the Incredible has 8MB onboard memory and a 8MP camera as apposed to the 5mp on the Nexus.

For me it boils down to how long I am willing to wait for the updates. I assume that Nexus will be very quickly while the Incredible could take months.

I am not sure but has there yet to be a phone with Sense UI get a 2.0 or 2.1 upgrade? That is 4- 6 months to get the upgrade.

Bill

Reactions: mve
Upvote 0
In terms of the innards they really are quite similar, Android 2.1, 1ghz snapdragon processor. There are key differences however and sometimes consumers just prefer a having a choice.

I don't really count HTC sense as a difference as its quite easy to get sense onto the N1.

Main differences are things others have mentioned above, 8gb internal storage(Incredible) vs. 512mb(Nexus One), 8mp camera(Incredible) vs. 5mp(Nexus One). Nexus One conversely is more likely to get updates faster since it can just upgrade from stock android, no waiting on HTC to get sense updated.

Obviously the design is a key difference as well. I know lots of ppl say they just have their phone for use not to "look at" but I'm positive 99.99% of people do take design into consideration when buying a phone, it might be a secondary consideration but I'm sure people think about it. Personally, even though I own a Nexus One, I MUCH prefer the Incredible's design to the Nexus One as I'm a big fan of flat edges. However I'm on GSM so not really much choice for me :p

Upvote 0
Why so many similar phones with similar capabilities on the same provider. What's the difference between the Incredible and the soon to hopefully be Verizon Nexus One? Sounds like an indenticle phone to me. :thinking:
The HTC Desire and the Droid Incredible are phones that can be sold directly from the carriers--whereas the Nexus One is the phone Google can sell directly. They're essentially giving you options on how to obtain the phone which is always a good thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones