1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Inspire 4G Address Book

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pbridges, May 22, 2011.

1. pbridges

pbridges Lurker

I just purchased this phone and the contacts was downloaded via simcard but a lot of addresses didn't come down with the transfer so I am trying to put them in but I can't figure it out. Can you please help me? :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

If you check in the Android Market you'll find several apps that will pull contact information off of sim cards...

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Hello and Welcome!!

Gonna move this to the Inspire phone section for better responses

4. saintdanbert

saintdanbert Well-Known Member

I've had my Inspire(tm) for a while and my contacts are a complete mess thanks to all of the "sync" and "cross link" and "fritter" and "bird book" and other sources of names+numbers that have loaded themselves auto-magically into my PEOPLE app.

There is a feature that I think is called "linking." In addition, there are various ways to have more than one phone associated with a single person. It seems that "linking" finds matching details among various people and ties the contacts together. At one level, this is fine when I enter a person's name and linking finds their Fritter and Bird Book accounts. However, it is a real mess when it collects all of the contacts that work for a common company and make a mashup of all those details. Spread this across everyone I thought I knew, and ...

[hightlight]... you get a complete mess ...

Feeling similar pain,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan

5. spoiler61

spoiler61 Newbie

I just bluetoothed my wifes over from her iphone and everything saved to the phone, mine was transferd via gmail and I have had contacts vannish..it's that facebook sync thing I think..I dissabled that to sync anymore..

If they didnt all transfer via your sim card, they are probally saved to your phone..

6. saintdanbert

saintdanbert Well-Known Member

once you have a mess, is there some way to clean it up other than
    edit each contact?

Can someone recommend a really good, feature rich contact manager and address book app?

Thanks,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan