• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire 4g battery does not work unless the phone is charging

I bought a brand new HTC inspire and phone does not work unless the battery is charging. Even though the battery reads that it is full once I plug out the charger the phone automatically turns off and would not go back on unless I plug it back in.. is there anything I can do about this

I bought a brand new HTC inspire and phone does not work unless the battery is charging. Even though the battery reads that it is full once I plug out the charger the phone automatically turns off and would not go back on unless I plug it back in.. is there anything I can do about this

It is simple, you have a defect batt. Return back from were you bought it, and if you cant then you will have to buy a new batt.
But there is one more thing that it could be. And that is that your charger might be bad. Have both checked out.:)

Upvote 0
It defiantly sounds like the battery is defective, if it will not operate at all unless it is charging. Seeing how the phone will not boot without a battery, if a replacement does not solve the problem, the entire phone might need to be replaced as well.

I am currently having a similiar issue, where the phone charging seems to be taking excessively longer than usual, and when I power it down to charge, it seems to lose almost 20% of the charge it had left. I blame the battery, as this phone is quite dated by j0w;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones