• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire 4g Root Failure

KrazyKy95

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
So I tried to root my HTC Inspire 4g using the Advanced Ace Hack Kit method and i was asked by the program if i wanted to downgrade the firmware due to the fact that i just update my firmware from HTC. I did this, now my phone is stuck in the Hboot menu, the volume controls wont work unless i take out the Sdcard. Even then when i try to enter the recovery or try to Factory Reset it freezes at the white HTC Boot screen.

Im Confused so please explain what happened and if possible help me please.

Also when select the "Image CRC" i get
osbl: 0XC2C4DD79,
amss: 0x6CC260EB,
hboot: 0x4A6FFC81,
recovery: 0xA2D11D0C,
system: 0xE46FF6

I have no idea what it means.

So can you enter bootloader? If so, get an HTC RUU, and push it onto your phone from your computer (plug phone to computer with USB cord). It's on HTC's website as a manually downloaded update package. It should instruct you on what to do.

I recall somewhere that there is also another version of the RUU where you can place the zip on the root of your SD (as in, in the main directory, not in a file), boot to bootloader. It'll find the package, and prompt you to accept. Hit volume down, and you should be back to normal.

There are a ton of threads on XDA with a bajillion and one fixes. I recommend starting there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones