• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

Not sure how people are saying the battery life is longer. For me, its about the same if not shorter. Within 45 minutes of unplugging, with a full charge, I lose a tick of battery power and its still only lasting about 4-5 hours before completely drained. This, despite adjusting power settings and downloading Juice Defender, which a lot of people are saying helps, but so far nothing. As for the update itself, nothing spectacular so far. I also notice a lot more dropped calls too. Never had this problem with my previous phone which was a Blackberry Curve 9310. If I'm missing something please help. thanks

Check background apps?

Upvote 0
Check background apps?

I shut them off to no avail; however, I did just stumble across a tip that so far seems to work: Menu-Settings-Wireless & Networks-Mobile Networks (the second one)-Enable always-on mobile data. By default this is set to always be on. Uncheck it. However, keep in mind if you are in an area with weak coverage, you will need to enable it whenever using mobile apps. This seems to work so far because I was charging my phone and it got to 41% before I had to make a call. After the call, I checked the battery strength and it still read 41%. So far so good. I'll post back later with an update.

8/30/11 UPDATE: So far the battery is lasting almost three hours in standby without any loss whereas before it started losing power in about 45 minutes while doing nothing.

Upvote 0
since upgrading to gingerbread battery life has definately improved! one difference i have found is when i used to go to the software update screen there was a selection for checking ATT updates available but also the ability to check for HTC updates. now the HTC update selection has dissapeared. anybody else have this issue?

Yeah I noticed it too. I guess HTC updates will come straight to the phone instead of us having to check for them. Not sure, but thats my guess.

Upvote 0
Just got my Inspire on Friday after work. Now on Saturday I did run the battery down in about 8 hours, of course I did not stop messing with the phone for the entire time. On Sunday the battery lasted for around 10 hours. Today, with normal usage I had 40% left when I just now plugged it in to charge. So far no complaints for battery performance with reasonable use. The things this device can do are truly amazing. I could run the battery down any day if I had time. :eek:

JT

Upvote 0
I am disappointing with the battery life as well. My co-worker has the Sprint version of the Inspire and it is a bit different in that he can remove the back panel and replace the battery with a much larger one (it does require a different back panel that is thicker, but is totally worth it) I just don't understand HTC's reason for changing the design so that is no longer an option.

Upvote 0
You can see I posted here a couple of times about the battery. I am back to let you know that the Anker brand battery (found on amazon) is great. I was getting anywhere from 8-12 hours (depending upon signal strength), and once I conditioned the new Anker battery, I can get about 20-24 hours. That's spending a day at work with limited signal, and then the night at home with strong signal and wi fi, with moderate usage for texting, facebook, emails and auto sync.

At first the battery lasted about 5 hours after the first full charge and I was aggravated, then I conditioned it and it works pretty well.

The battery was $5.99 when I got it, but it looks like its $12 now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones