1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HTC Inspire - Downgrade from 2.3 to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kennyp, Aug 18, 2011.

1. kennyp

kennyp Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I recently took the OTA upgrade to 2.3.3 and now I can no longer sync my email/calender/contacts with MS Exchange. Apparently there are some security issues with MS Exchange on 2.3 and my company doesn't support this version.

How do I roll my phone back to 2.2? I called HTC and they said it couldn't be done (or at least they wouldn't help me do it).

Please help!

Advertisement

2. Durtyxthurty

Durtyxthurty Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    If you get an answer in a PM please let me know, I would like to downgrade as well, 2.3.3 is lame, and is causing problems with my keyboard, my phone rarely recognizes numbers that send me SMSs even though the numbers are stored in my phone, and its just causing the phone to be really laggy when doing things. Please help, must downgrade!

3. Elantra

Elantra Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    I have the same exact problem.........about to dump this Inspire 4G, and go buy an iPhone 4s...........this is BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Bad as windows.......oh it works, let's update with beta bugs, and fuk it all up for everyone!! douchebags!!!!!!!

4. Android Jeff

Android Jeff Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    electrician
    Canada
    I had the same problem as kennyp on my new LG Optimus One. I updated the phone from android 2.2.1 to android 2.3.3 after activating the phone. This seemed to work good or so I thought. The pc software for the phone would not sync with the phone. I tried many things, searched the net and even tried calling LG tech support who told me it was the software on my pc.
    Then I tried a hard reset on the phone and this has fixed my problem. Now I can sync the pc with the phone.
    To do this on a LG Optimus One (LGP500H)
    Note this will delete any stored data on the phone so back it up

1 From the main home screen, tap menu
    2 Tap Settings, then Privacy
    Tap Factory data reset
    Tap Reset phone
    Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm

Hopefully this will help anyone with the same problem it caused me a great of frustration. LG tech did not help.

5. Elantra

Elantra Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    I tried the whole hard reset BS..........same BS........gmail using the built in MS Exchange Active Sync does NOT work on 2.3.......I'm pissed, I can go upgrade tomorrow for an iPhone 4s for $199 bucks......that won't break me, and I'm tired of this BS, PERIOD.

I had an iPhone 3GS before I bought this hunk of shit Inspire.........trust me, I veryyyyyyy close to selling it to radio shack for a gift card to their store. and buying the new iPhone 4S......and saying the hell with it ALL!!

VERY UPSET!!!!!! HTC and DROID SUCKS ASS!! I THINK THE PROGRAMERS ARE FROM MICROSOFT!! hahahaha! JOKE.