• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire question

Just got rid of the accursed iPhone and got the HTC Inspire... My, what an improvement!!

However, as I wade thru setting things up, I find that my e-mail (Comcast) is being downloaded constantly to my phone. The iPhone had a setting that let me download the mail ONLY when I opened the email program....

Since I'm sitting at home in front of the desktop, I don't need my emails d/l'ed to my phone... I have my desktop set to remove them from the server, and my laptop and phone leave them on the server. But, need to turn off, somehow, the auto-download of my e-mails when I'm not on the road...

Searched the forums and the pretty worthless ATT site, and came up empty.

TIA... dk

Welcome to AF!

There are a couple of options proably... first, what kind of email do you use? IMAP or POP? (it's ok if not sure).

Are you using the HTC "mail" app?

One option is to set your mail to forward to gmail, and use the gmail app. You can set this up through the gmail website I think.

You can also try disabling background data sync to keep things from syncing when you dont need them. If you long press on an open area of one of the home screens you can select the widget "power control" and it will enable you to quickly enable and disable "background data syncing".

There are also a ton of HTC specific widgets too I would imagine :)

Upvote 0
Not sure how this forum software works... it's similar to the Ubuntu forum, BUT, when I joined, the only link I could find was the BIG link to the Introduction, no link to starting a new thread.

Now that I've posted a support question and rec'd. the answer in an area that is not for support questions (no one is moderating and moving posts to the proper forum?), I'd like to mark it as [Solved], but find no link for that!

dk

Upvote 0
Not sure how this forum software works... it's similar to the Ubuntu forum, BUT, when I joined, the only link I could find was the BIG link to the Introduction, no link to starting a new thread.

Now that I've posted a support question and rec'd. the answer in an area that is not for support questions (no one is moderating and moving posts to the proper forum?), I'd like to mark it as [Solved], but find no link for that!

dk

Thanks for your concern. We do get a lot of support questions coming to the introduction forum from new members. Threads used to be moved, but it was decided among the mods that we would keep them here, answer if we could and redirect the member to the appropriate forum, to cut down on navigation confusion for that member.

No need to post it solved, just a "thanks" to the person who answered you is sufficient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones