• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Inspire stuck at HTC screen! Help please

toodazed

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
Hi, I tried flashing a new radio to my phone because the current one I had was draining battery really fast and I wasn't getting a good mobile connection. Well when I flashed it rebooted and it now it just stays stuck on the HTC screen. When I try to boot into recovery it just goes straight back to the HTC screen and stays stuck there.

The radio I flashed was 20.71.30.0833U_3831.17.00.16_M.
Every time I go to the Boot Loader screen and plug my usb cable into my phone it just goes black and the charge light stays on until i do a battery pull.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you.

I just googled that radio number and it looks like that one is for the Desire S, not the Inspire 4G. Where did you get this radio file? Did it say that it was compatible w/ the Inspire? I don't have the technical knowledge of others here so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure radios are not compatible across all models. The Desire HD & the Inspire are pretty much the same phone so radios for one may work on the other. But the Desire S is not the same. The zip file for this isn't even the proper filename for Inspire radios. Inspire radios are named PD98IMG.zip. The radio that you mention downloads as PG88IMG.zip.

From what I've read, flashing a corrupt or incompatible radio is one of the easiest ways to brick the phone. So this may be unrecoverable. Can you get into HBOOT? If so, try flashing another radio, one that is specifically for the Inspire. Delete the zip that is currently on the sd card, place the Inspire radio PD98IMG.zip on the card, and boot into HBOOT and see if it updates. If it doesn't update or if you can't even get into HBOOT then the phone is probably bricked. But perhaps someone with more info will chime in with another solution. Otherwise, it's time to start shopping for a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones