• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire update problems

mutwin

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
Hi, I recently received the notification that the new update was available for my HTC Inspire. However, after downloading, I noticed that I still had HTC Sense 2.1 and Software # 2.47.502.7. I've tried numerous other times and keep receiving notification that I am downloading the above update. I don't know if this is part of the problem but every time I start the download, I get a notification that the download wasn't successful. The notification says that my SD card isn't ready and that I need to insert a card and hit OK. My SD card is in and mounted, so I just hit OK and continue on with the download. I've unmounted/removed the card and remounted and still get the same results as above.

I'm sure I'm missing something here, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I may need to do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: shelbyfaye897
When I got the update I kept getting the dialogue box, you must be connected to wifi for download, so I'd retry getting the update, thinking it wasn't seeing the wifi. Then I finally noticed the download notification at the top of the screen, and it was 1/3 through. Weird interface from AT&T on the update, I believe

Upvote 0
So, I finally got the phone to update (not sure what, if anything I did differently). Now if I could actually use the phone for more than 30 seconds without it rebooting itself. Thus far, I can't say I'm a fan of the update.
I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution? I've been searching for a while and found nothing except people saying AT&T won't help them.

Reactions: shelbyfaye897
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones