• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc is just lazy

Mm yeah that sounds like is truth but it does say that you won't be able to use hdmi output so I guess HTC have a point on the

"Important note for HDMI users

It is very likely that this fps fix will disable the use of the HDMI output on your EVO while you use this kernel. Personally I (and many MANY others I'm sure) feel that this is an acceptable tradeoff, particularly since most users will likely never use this feature."

Upvote 0
Mm yeah that sounds like is truth but it does say that you won't be able to use hdmi output so I guess HTC have a point on the subject

"Important note for HDMI users

It is very likely that this fps fix will disable the use of the HDMI output on your EVO while you use this kernel. Personally I (and many MANY others I'm sure) feel that this is an acceptable tradeoff, particularly since most users will likely never use this feature."

Upvote 0
lazy? i think they may have realized the battery life they were looking at would already be bad for alot of users and played it safe. It's amazing to me the amount of people complaining about battery life AND pushing the phone further and further performance-wise.
Gonna be really hard to have both, people.

Reactions: zombdroid
Upvote 0
lazy? i think they may have realized the battery life they were looking at would already be bad for alot of users and played it safe. It's amazing to me the amount of people complaining about battery life AND pushing the phone further and further performance-wise.
Gonna be really hard to have both, people.
^this

I ran the 55fps Kernel on my Epson screen and it had bad tearing, enough that i'd rather stick to 30fps.

Reactions: jgalan14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones