• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC keyboard on Samsung!

Unfortunately it is not working with me.
When I try to install the HTC_IME, it gives me a warning that a system app will be changed and after clicking OK in the warning, the following error: "Auto Correction demo can't be installed in you phone".

Anyone could help me? kam187 are you still here helping your old galaxy owners frieds? :^)

Upvote 0
Kam what other crap did you remove to get those 53mb? I'm curious about how far we can go on a stock K4. Couldn't you make a list with adb commands like you did with Galaxhero?

Offtopic: how's your N1? Do you like it?

I forget now. I just install busybox, then run a PS and check whats going on. From memory:

- The same stuff thats in my 'memory tweak' post - i.e. npssync, debuggerd etc
- Kill calender and alarm clock _after_ first run (they MUST run once or your alarm events wont register
- Regenerate dalvik cache (delete the cache and reboot)
- Clear vmcache

Then check memory. Its an illustration of total free memory, because it will soon start caching - which is normal. The 53mb figure is a way to compare between OS versions and ROM's to see the absolute max free memory before it caches.

Someone should check out the 1.6 Rom and make a tweaks thread. If I had a galaxy I would do it :)

Upvote 0
apps on galaxy see around 40megs at fresh boot, on nexus one there should be around 350 (if they enabled all ram in latest kernel).

galaxy is like trying to run vista with 128megs or win95 with 8megs. nexus is like having 2gigs in xp.

Ah, memory available to the apps, that is a tad different then.:)

Oh well, you can always get a new phone if this one limits you in any way.

Upvote 0
Keyboard runs like crazy.. :D Finally I can type fast.. :D

But only one thing is concerning, when installing it, you give it right to aces to gmail, than rights to install even if it's not market app, and finally you give it right to memorize everything you type even passwords and credit card numbers.. :( so aces to mail and memoryzing pass and credit card inputs = potential fraud...so pass and credit card numbers should be entered with Android keyboard.. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones