• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Legend fails to connect to Wi-Fi

I have a Wi-Fi router D-Link Dir-615.
My HTC Legend recognize the router but after enterring the key to unlock the connection, it fails to connect. 2 PC are connected and the HTC touch of my wife too, and all three work fine. Somebody can help me, Thank you in advance

Also, for reference I've found WiFi analyzer from http://a.farproc.com/wifi-analyzer to be quite a handy little free app for finding a better channel if you are having connection issues as its quite common to find loads of local routers competing for the same channels.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I'm having the same problem. It was fine before, but I haven't been able to connect all day. I used to use We-Fi and Locale, but both have been de-installed. I also use Juicedefender, but that one is disabled atm.
I can see my wifi-router, with varying strength. Within settings I can see what is happening as follows: "Obtaining IP address from..." followed by "Unsuccesful"
Anyone have an idea? Is it the phone or the router? My wife's Tattoo works fine, as do the connected laptops.

Thanks
Scaramaus

Upvote 0
Man was I hyped to buy this phone, until I heard about these wifi and bad signal problems. I heard different things about how some of the devices are faulty, or that the receiver is just bad by default, or that maybe it's a software problem etc...

So after so much time could anyone explain what exactly is the problem, if it's fixable, if it is, when it's gonna be fixed.

thanks

Upvote 0
My Legends wifi have seemed patchy since i got i a week ago too.

What I have noticed is that it depends on how you hold the phone. Leaving the upper part of the phone free from my hand gives me way better reception than when I hold a finger or even my whole hand over the top of the phone.

I would be great if some of you could try this out and see if you get the same result.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem to OP but found that the Legend connected better after the router had been reset. However after a few hours it would not connect and I had to reset the router again. Laptops and other phones worked fine.

There are many networks in my area so I thought maybe better security would help. I already had WPA2 but I added MAC filtering and disabled SSID broadcast. This helped a lot! Now my Legend connects without any problems. It also has quite good signal around the house, though signal strength was not really the problem.

Details:
-Billion 7404VGPX router
-standard Android 2.1-update1 Build 2.10.178
-also same experience with my gf's Legend running 2.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones