• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Legend on Vodafone Firmware Update

Probably when your contract runs out :D

Just debrand it, I did it yesterday and I am now the proud owner of a Legend with no vodafone handcuffs at all. Phone now up to date as it should be.

Barcode scanner installed and working....... well sort of! I scanned some KP Dry Roasted Peanuts but nothing matched up. Also scanned some Sarsons vinegar and same result :thinking::D Battery will last about 5 minutes with this new scanner toy Ha Ha!

Upvote 0
How do you rate your computer skills?? Its a bit tricky for a novice. I had to go between two instruction lists. There is a decent video on it too. Google "HTC Legend unbrand" its all there.

Tip - Down load the new frimware first as it is about 122MB, but dribbles down the pipes (think it is restricted) any of the link at the bottom of the link below work. Follow everything line by line.

Tutorial: debrand your Legend ;) (Firmware europe WWE_1.23.405.1 + update 1.31.405.4) - xda-developers

Make a "goldcard" If you have a spare micro SD card use it. I had a 4GB Kingston one which worked fine. That "Goldcard" which I made now sit in the phone with all my music on etc. I transferred all the stuff off my 2GB one provided with the phone on to the 4 GB card.

Things that will become obvious - You wipe out any apps you had. Make a note of what you have before you do it - I didnt :(. All your home screens, the way you had it setup goes. You basically have a phone as if purchased from HTC. Happy Days. 100% recommended.

The only squeaky bum time is the final part when you see the phone switching on an off, but when you hear the phone switch on and the white screen with HTC on then a pleasant welcome tune from HTC with "quietly brilliant" scrolling along..... you know you have cracked it.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones