1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

HTC Legend processor speed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spily, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Spily

Spily New Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Hi i've been deciding for days whether to go with HTC Legend or HTC Desire. The processor speed is what gets me, is 600mhz enough for alot of multitasking or should i throw up the extra 100 dollars and get that 1ghz processor.

Edit: Also can it play HQ videos on youtube with sufficient speed.

Advertisement

2. duberman

duberman Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Having compared my Legend with my coworker's Desire I would definitely pay the 100$ difference. It's just that much smoother, and the bigger screen is a plus. I initially chose the Legend because of it's aluminum unibody and it's a great looking phone. But now I'm thinking of getting a more powerful phone. The Legend does play HQ vids very well though.

3. silvrsurfr

silvrsurfr Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I have tried the comparison - the difference doesnt work out to be that much difference in my opinion. Obviously having a stronger processor is a plus - and $100 is not that much a difference. I choose the Legend for its looks, and small size.
    I always have it in my pocket and the small size is a plus. I dont see a noticeable difference.
    Than again, if you plan on doing some hardcore multitasking, with many many apps - etc. The other aspects of the Desire might be useful. I believe it has larger RAM etc. And with its larger screen, if you will be watching a lot of vids/movies, than it might be the better choice.

I am waiting to see what else will be available in the next 6mths - 1yr - Samsung Galaxy S just came out with the 1ghz processor - whats next?

I think HTC will come out with a higher end phone over the Desire, as i think this is their top tier phone at the moment.

4. duberman

duberman Member

Aug 5, 2010
    There are rumors of a dual-core 1.5 ghz HTC phone for Q4 2010.
    If not there's also the aluminum unibody Desire HD in October.

Tags: