• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Legend processor speed

Spily

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
Hi i've been deciding for days whether to go with HTC Legend or HTC Desire. The processor speed is what gets me, is 600mhz enough for alot of multitasking or should i throw up the extra 100 dollars and get that 1ghz processor.

Edit: Also can it play HQ videos on youtube with sufficient speed.

Having compared my Legend with my coworker's Desire I would definitely pay the 100$ difference. It's just that much smoother, and the bigger screen is a plus. I initially chose the Legend because of it's aluminum unibody and it's a great looking phone. But now I'm thinking of getting a more powerful phone. The Legend does play HQ vids very well though.

Upvote 0
I have tried the comparison - the difference doesnt work out to be that much difference in my opinion. Obviously having a stronger processor is a plus - and $100 is not that much a difference. I choose the Legend for its looks, and small size.
I always have it in my pocket and the small size is a plus. I dont see a noticeable difference.
Than again, if you plan on doing some hardcore multitasking, with many many apps - etc. The other aspects of the Desire might be useful. I believe it has larger RAM etc. And with its larger screen, if you will be watching a lot of vids/movies, than it might be the better choice.

I am waiting to see what else will be available in the next 6mths - 1yr - Samsung Galaxy S just came out with the 1ghz processor - whats next?

I think HTC will come out with a higher end phone over the Desire, as i think this is their top tier phone at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones