• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Legend Trackpad Not Working Properly.

Haziqonfire

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
Hi there.

I recently dropped my HTC legend by accident (first time in over a year) and I noticed an issue where the touchscreen was moving by itself randomly. Then I noticed that the trackpad (the ball at the bottom) doesn't work properly. I'm able to basically only scroll down, I can't scroll sideways or up, but sometimes it does but not with a swipe... I've tried cleaning the trackball with small bristles but that hasn't worked.

I don't really mind, since I don't use the trackpad at all ... but it starts messing with the screen. Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade (I'm with Bell Mobility in Canada) until next year and I don't want to send it in for repairs since I barely use the trackpad.

Thx!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones