1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC Legend turns on ny itself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Debbm, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Debbm

Debbm Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    Hi All
    I have read that many phones turn them selves off but my HTC Legend is turning on by itself after i turn it off.... Any ideas? I have taken the battery out which has worked for a few days but then it starts again.

Cheers
    Debb

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    That is a new one to me as well. Welcome to Android Forums. We have a sub forum for your device here. HTC Legend - Android Forums You might try asking in there and see if other users of the Legend have experienced that problem. Good luck and enjoy the forums.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to AndoridForums, Debb!

I have an app on my phone call SMS Popup and when I get a text message it will turn the screen on and display the text message in a little pop-up window.

So, I'm wondering if its one of your apps that might be turning your phone on? Have you recently installed any new apps recently that could might coincide with this new behavior? Obviously, you would have noticed a pop-up type message, but there are things (like wake-locks) that can keep your phone awake and/or do things like turn the screen on when its off, etc.

Just an idea...

Cheers!