1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC/LG/Samsung

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bahbabah, Jul 22, 2011.

?

What to choose?

1. HTC Wildfire S

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Samsung Ace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. LG P970

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. HTC Desire S

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. bahbabah

bahbabah Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Hello,
    I'm choosing from Samsung Ace, HTC Wildfire S, LG Optimus Black P970 and HTC Desire S, of course difference in prices is obvious and important, so I'd like to hear your opinions: P970 or Desire S? Ace or Wildfire S? Is it worth buying P970/Desire S instead of Ace/Wildfire S (meaning two price levels)? Considering that I'm going to be average user and my interests are:
    audio quality (going to use sennheiser cx300) - any significant differences here?
    display - was really impressed by LG
    design, construction, UI - I prefer HTC
    battery life (actually a bit above average would already be possible) - seems like Wildfire S and LG are a bit weaker here?
    money
    Can't really say anything about importance of processors, v2.2 or 2.3..
    Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to Android Forums! I have used HTC and Samsung devices extensively. Have not used LG, but have heard very troubling things about LG support for their phones.

Hands down I would recommend HTC over Samsung. I'm a big fan of Samsung hardware, but their customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Android OS updates are slow in coming, and they don't resolve critical bugs that make parts of the phone useless.

HTC on the other hands supports their devices (Evo 4G / 3D) amazingly well, by far better than any other manufacturer.

You can't go wrong with HTC.

bahbabah likes this.
  3. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
  4. bahbabah

bahbabah Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Today I finally agreed with your opinion about HTC, but still - is it worth buying desire s instead of wildfire s? The difference here is 220$. Will resolution, number of colours, display size and type, construction, processor, gorilla glass, memory, battery of desire s have impact for average user worth at least that money?