1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Location - premium service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nomadnz, Aug 13, 2011.

1. nomadnz

nomadnz Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Hi, can someone please advise me the 30 day premium service - is that for each map or can it be used for all maps in that 30 day period?

Also what is your view HTC Location vs Nokia Ovi maps? I know Ovi has free voice navigation but that aside, how do the map compare? I've just looked on the net and HTC does not show POIs on the map until you search for them? Like hotels and restaurants icons won't be seeon the HTC map itself. Does it show a railway line track?

Many thanks

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm not sure what the deal is with the navigation service as I've never used it to any great extent. It's non transferrable meaning if you start using it, then pay and your phone breaks, you'd need to buy the license again on your new phone. I've never wanted to take that risk so I've just used Google Maps.

Not having used Ovi Maps either, I can't compare, but the general consensus is that Ovi Maps is better as far as I'm aware. The GPS reception on the DHD is tempramental at best. If you download GPS Status, do you get a good fix?

Spaceprobe likes this.
  3. andyben

andyben Member
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    I paid for the premium navigation license when in America on holiday recently. Really impressed.