1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC M8 Camera Discussion-Show off your pictures!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SolApathy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Not bad hdr with this phone

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Android Enthusiast

4. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

When I was testing the cameras of the HTC One M8 and the Moto X (which I currently own and looks great), the M8 seemed to look better, and now that I'm considering swapping to the M8 (for various other reasons), I'm reading camera articles that are putting me off to it.

For instance:

HTC One M8: UltraPixel Camera Image Quality

I don't mind a lower resolution (less data size), but these weird aberrations in exposure and purple fringing and erratic processing... I just don't think they'll look good anywhere but on the phone.

Advice/experience?

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

How do the photos in this thread look to you?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Uh, I thought I was posting a new thread; I don't know how this got attached to another thread.

8. P_Dub

P_Dub Member

Has anyone who is rooted or developing thought about activating that second camera as a regular camera? Is it possible?

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

From what I've read, it was considered and decided impossible.

There is a raw camera mod that's pretty cool, check the root forum for the thread.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd camera, but I have a Moto X Developer Edition (haven't opened it yet), and since I can't have the double-shake open anything but the default camera (which does not let me lower resolution), I was thinking of cracking the code to allow that.

If I build that, I'll let you know.

11. jo69

jo69 Android Enthusiast

So awhile afterwards what do you think you think to the HTC one m8 camera now?

12. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I have yet to be disappointed with the camera on the M8. Bottom line, if you aren't making large prints with the photos you take this is an amazing camera. If you are looking at printing out anything beyond 8x10 you should look for a phone with a better camera, or a dedicated camera.

You will find hundreds of shots in this thread with some amazing quality (especially some of the close-ups).

It really comes down to what you are going to use the photos for.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

EarlyMon likes this.
  14. fam

fam Android Enthusiast

kbrn and EarlyMon like this.
  15. mojosodope

My dog

Attached Files:

kbrn, dontpanicbobby and EarlyMon like this.
  16. nuurhasan

nuurhasan Newbie

HTC M8 is a disappointment after the original HTC One. I have used both phones in fact using M8 currently. I feel there is an "iPhone-like" monotony going on in here.

17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

And the camera compared to the M7 is disappointing you how exactly?

18. nuurhasan

nuurhasan Newbie

Sorry, I didnt realize we were only talking abt cameras. I dont know abt on-paper specs but the camera is the same of both devices. However front facing camera of M8 feels like HD unlike M7, but I rarely use it. :)

So yeah, camera-wise I'd say M8 is slightly better.

EarlyMon likes this.
  19. mojosodope

FJ

Attached Files:

20. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

Picture taken of the plane I was about to jump out of the other day. Taken in burst mode on auto, focus fixed and exposure down to - 1.5 :)

Wasn't easy to take as it was brighter than the picture is showing so was getting a lot go washed out clouds plus a moving plane, made it a little bit of work :thumb:
    [​IMG]

21. Yatezy

Another picture. Accidentally taken with the flash on but quite like the blueish hue that it's captured

[​IMG]

From a different angle but without the flash this time. Both in Auto mode.
    [​IMG]

22. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast

23. Yatezy

Only posting this to show off the phones manual mode ability at night tbh. Here's a picture of my sprog taken in auto mode

[​IMG]
    And here he is again taken with the iso set at 800 and the exposure time set at 4 seconds

[​IMG]

This is the sole reason I will not go anywhere near AOSP! Also helps that Sense is pretty good :thumb:

SolApathy and EarlyMon like this.
  24. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert

The yellow looks really blown out on the back of the FJ

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews