• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC M8 Stuck in bootloader

kasandraaa

Lurker
May 28, 2017
Hello,

I have a HTC One M8 which I recently turned on after it being off for a period of time and it is now stuck in a bootloader loop. I was previously unable to access recovery or factory reset mode, I've since unlocked the bootloader using HTCdev and flashed a stock recovery image for my device that I found on the internet and can now access recovery mode, and get a battery bar when the device is off and charging, however it's still stuck in bootload. I have been unable to find a RUU to suit the provider I got the phone from and all of the googling i've done so far leads me to believe that there isn't one. Is there any way to root the device and get S-Off without access to the phone so that I can install a custom ROM? Has anybody else had this issue? I've tried to flash a custom ROM already but get this error message, presumably because the device is S-On:

(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 105.645s

here are my getvar all details:

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
version-baseband: 1.29.214500021.12G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.12.980.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B65000
(bootloader) cidnum: OPTUS001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 76df2b54
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.055s

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones