• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC magic boot loop rooted. Need desperately HELP!!!

Mixalis_GR

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
Hi there. I would appreciate your help here. I am a rookie with android software as I own an HTC Magic almost 3 weeks from now. My phone has the above characteristics:
SAPPHIRE PVT32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.76.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.08.29
Dec 8 2009, 17:38:48
The software I had was Android 1.5 and it was rooted with RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_3.05.401.1_test_signed_NoD river ROM. I was watching on Youtube some videos about CyanogenMod 6 at HTC phones and I decided to try to put this software to my phone via ROM Manager. The result is a major disaster (or not?). Specifically, from my phone I opened ROM Manager, download rom, CyanogenMod nightlies , CM6 XXXXXXXX (can

I have the same problem as you do except my phone is a rogers(Canada) so it boots to the rogers screen. This happened about a month ago and I still haven't found a solution. One thing i have found is that if you hold the back botton just before it reboots you can get to the fastboot screen. I Dont no where to go from there. I Posted here last night no responses yet. If you come up with a solution PLEASE let me know.

Upvote 0
If you get into fastboot mode then you can plug your HTC Magic USB cable with PC and when you hear the connection mode go to device manager and see if your phone is recognized. If it is recognized then you can install from your PC any original ROM you want. That is what I want to do but unfortunatelly the back button doesn't work for me...

Upvote 0
You have to install the correct drivers of your device via AndroidSDK. Even though why don't you try in this situation to run directly from your PC your original Rom? e.g. My Original rom is: _HTC Magic_RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_3.05.401.3_release_signed_NoDriver.exe
If you manage to do this and follow the installation directions i'm 100% sure you will install your original rom with success. I wish I could help you further...

Upvote 0
Hi there. I would appreciate your help here. I am a rookie with android software as I own an HTC Magic almost 3 weeks from now. My phone has the above characteristics:
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.08.29
The software I had was Android 1.5 and it was rooted with RUU_Sapphire_HTC_Europe_3.05.401.1_test_signed_NoD river ROM. I was watching on Youtube some videos about CyanogenMod 6 at HTC phones and I decided to try to put this software to my phone via ROM Manager. The result is a major disaster (or not?). Specifically, from my phone I opened ROM Manager, download rom, CyanogenMod nightlies , CM6 XXXXXXXX (can

Upvote 0
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.08.29

Upvote 0
Found a nice easy fix for this problem after driving myself nuts for four hours.

Pop off the back.

Pull out the battery and SD card.

Put the battery back in and it should reboot nice and clean. Might be a hair slower than usual but it'll get there.

Once you're all booted slide the SD card back in, slap the back back on and you should be good to go.

Only thing I had to do after that was reset the clock on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones