• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC MAGIC with JacHero Rom MMS Trouble

oldtiga

Lurker
Dec 15, 2009
Hello~
I recently purchased t-mobile mytouch aka htc magic and i have rooted with jackxhero rom on it. every thing is working smooth untill i found out
my mms will not work with wifi on. After days of research i have found this info.

press the menu button.
select settings
select wireless settings
select mobile network settings
select Access Point Names

here you should see two settings. one for internet and one for MMS.

select the one for Internet.
Scroll all the way to the bottom and select 'APN Type'
in here, make sure that you have typed the word 'default'.
It should be in lower case and without the ' marks.

tap ok, and then press the back button to save this change.

select the MMS setting.
scroll down to the bottom of the settings and again, select 'APN Type'
this time, you must type in mms (again, all in lower case).
tap ok and then press back to save it.

Once you have done this, you should be able to send and receive MMS without having to turn the Wifi Off.

Best regards,
HTC Technical Support"

now when i went into the settings i found out i only have one APN setting and its called "T-mobile US" as to above instuctions i should have 2 APN settings.

when i go into edit this APN i see only one APN Type which is under MNC option. i have tried changing this field to "defult" which will let me surf the net but i cannot receive text or mms.

if i change this field to "mms" then i can receive messages including mms but i cannot browse the internet.

now before i have messed around with this field i was able to surf the net and receive messages as long as my wifi was on.

now im totally lost and want to know if any one knows the right settings to make my phone function correctly.

ive been messing with this phone for days and im very very frustrated.

could anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks for all your support!

okay i just found this setting from t-mobile site and now both of my web and messages are working. But im still having trouble with sending mms while wifi is on. any suggestions????

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: None
Password: None
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: <not set>
MMS Port: <not set>
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: <not set>

source from Re: HTC Hero can not connect to Andorid Market - T-Mobile Community

Upvote 0
Hey Nic. im not sure if Hero rom is used on dream but i got it from www.theunlockr.com

if you goto their download site you can choose from either 32a or 32b platform and i download the first jackxhero rom.

ive been using this rom for lil more then week now and i defenitly do not recommand this rom.

ive missed alots of text/mms. ive tested all different kinds of roms including mocado and evilD roms but the dounut seems to work best for our Magic.

if you come across with any good rom you can recomand me plz let me know also.

have good one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones