1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support HTC magic.. Without android market !!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by winstonf, Aug 10, 2009.

1. winstonf

winstonf New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I bought the HTC Magic in India, about 3 weeks back. I got the legal version for with i paid about $100 more than the UK edition which is also available, but not legal.

I noticed the very 1st day that it dint have the Android Market, Google Maps and other google applications. I feel Cheated, Spoke to HTC they say thats how magic will be in india.

I want to know if there is any way to install the Android Market, or may be the HERO firmware on to this one. Even if it means i loose warranty.

Also how risky is it too Root the phone and what all can one do by rooting !!

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Use the sites' TAG-Search feature and search on 'root" & "rooting' .. you will find plenty of info for your pleasure of reading and learning about "rooting"

3. shalini.nair

shalini.nair New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I realized the same thing.....I am from India too and just bought the phone a week back...had no idea that it didn't have android market....will try rooting it soon

Also,have you had any problems with texting? I often don't receive texts from friends and sometimes my texts aren't received by them

Tags: