1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Mail App endless sync (tied to mail size limit)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheShady, May 30, 2011.

1. TheShady

TheShady Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Hello.

I have a weird problem that started last night, when I let my phone's battery die out. After rebooting, my HTC Mail app synced endlessly.

Took me a while to find that out and pinpoint the problem. After trying multiple things (rebooting, deleting mail app data, etc. etc.) I realised that the application just keeps syncing 100% of the time, whether I start manually or whether it syncs after the interval (which I set to 5 minutes).

I can still receive and send emails. After receiving emails, though, it keeps syncing.

Now, after trying several things and tinkering with settings, I realised that the time it syncs is tied to the Mail Size Limit setting, strangely enough. This is very weird. If I set the size limit to 5KB, it stops syncing fast. If I set it to 100KB it's taking a while longer. If I set it to 1MB it takes like 10 seconds and if I set it to no limit (which I had it set to all this time) it, yes, never stops syncing.
    (This is on a POP mail account, btw.)

I still receive email regardless of the settings. Only if it keeps syncing it drains my battery and my mobile data volume (and makes the phone heat up of course).

The annoying thing is that I had it set to no limit all this time and it just stopped syncing once it realised there's no new mail and checked again after 5 minutes. Now, for some weird reason, it depends on the Mail Size Limit setting how long it looks for mail. I think, not sure, that any syncing settings don't affect it. It's really the Size Limit setting.

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. It's a very strange bug and it's stranger since it just came out of nowhere. Any responses are appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. There was a 6MB email left in my mailbox from days ago. I don't know why it didn't get deleted from server by Windows Live Mail or HTC Mail. I deleted it manually now via the webmail interface and it's back to normal. Strange, strange...

Advertisement

Tags: