• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Mail & IMAP Folders

JLampitt

Dec 14, 2009
Hey gang,

New to this forum. Just bought my Hero the other day and am loving it! As a die-hard Apple fan who's stuck with Sprint, I'd say the Hero get's high marks in my book.

Anyway, I'm a MobileMe subscriber and have all my various email addresses funneling down to my MobileMe account. I set up the Mail app to retrieve email from my MobileMe account via IMAP but am having a bit of trouble with the Sent and Trash folders.

The Android Mail client is creating a secondary Sent and Trash folder even though "Sent" and "Trash" already exist in MobileMe. I noticed that there's also a Deleted Messages and Sent Messages folder as well in the Android Mail client.

I tried out the K-9 Mail client which allows you to remap the folders (I remapped Sent to Sent Messages and Trash to Deleted Messages), but I'm not a big fan of K-9 and love how the default Mail app works.

Does anyone know how I might be able to remap folders or get the Sent/Trash folder in the Android Mail client to map to the Sent/Trash folder in MobileMe?

I don't see a way to change that. I too prefer the bundled email app since I most often use T-bird on the pc but like the simplicity and speed of the HTC mail. The phone gives me the heads up and isn't my primary tool unless I'm out and really need to reply. I run my own server and each app does its own thing, a webmail app for example will create its own folders so I have about 3 sets of sent folders. What I do is to create symlinks at the file level on the server so they are physically in the same folder but let the app do what it wants. Not a big deal actually but if you can get file level access then symlink is your friend.

Upvote 0
I can see all my folders including the sent/trash that t-bird makes and what the web mail app creates. And because of those folders you can tell which app created them. :)

What i really like is the gmail push. I've set some of the client email accounts (the ones that won't let me use my own) forward to gmail and I get an instant notification. I then will decide if I need to check their main email. Otherwise I can relax and not miss anything important.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones