• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Mail "Mail Still on the Server"

BenW

Aug 4, 2010
A Guide suggested I move this question from the HTC Forum to the Lounge:

I'm having an issue with HTC Mail. With one particular message type only. When I try to read it, I see the phone working to download it, then get the message "This mail is still on the server".

The only thing different versus other mail (that I can think of) is that it comes from .mil accounts with a digital signature hash.

I can read them fine in Thunderbird, and two colleagues who get emails from the same accounts can read them fine on their phones. One has a Droid X, the other has an HTC Windows phone. Both of them are on Verizon, so maybe this could be a Sprint issue versus HTC?

I also sent myself an email using my OpenPGP digital signature from my home account last night as a test, and it does the same thing. To be clear, these are not encrypted emails, they are simply using the public signature hashes used for non-repudiation.

Anyway, if anyone else has run into this or has suggestions, it would be most appreciated.

That is because the phone email account is not set (and should not be) on default to remove email from the server when email is pulled. You can set that settings on the Mail account.

In any case, if you open your Mozilla Thunderbird or whatever mail client you are using on your desktop and download the mail to your PC or Mac, the messages will be deleted from the server.

Upvote 0
Haven't been back to this thread for a while.

EarlyMon - it is that it won't open for reading on the phone from the IMAP server. I just want to read the mail, but want it left on the server as normal for all other email client access.

Joe_Squid - Thanks for the link to the Google issue page. Guess we have to wait for HTC to resolve the issue. Bummer as it makes answering many work emails tough. I end up going to webmail (which already blows on a full screen) via the phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks -- I was researching clients just as you posted that and saw K-9. I actually like the HTC mail client, but if K-9 will let me get the digital sig emails, I think I'll need to give it a try.

I also just read through topics at HTC and did not see this issue posted in their forum, so am going to mention it there.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones