1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root htc mail not syncing (mikg 2.52)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jpkotor, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jpkotor

jpkotor Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 8, 2010
    i posted this problem back in june. it is still persisting so i thought i'd bring it up again, hopefully someone reads it this time. all that's changed since last time is i'm on mikG 2.52 not, and the problem started when i originally switched to mikG during ver 1.04. here it is:

I'm using MikG 2.52 and having issues with Exchange ActiveSync. I've had this working fine on every other ROM before. This ROM seems to be using HTC Mail 3.10. The problem is that it's not syncing properly with the server. It will retrieve some mail but after that it fails to sync to the server that a message is either read or deleted. What happens instead, for example, is after deleting an email the inbox refreshes again and the message reappears as unread because it never communicated to the server that the message was read and deleted, so by refreshing it retrieves the message again. I guess this means it is receiving data but it is not sending back data to the server...?

Also, it won't retrieve any of my old email further back than less than a day. Every time I flash a new ROM and reconfigure the Mail app I've been able to set it to retrieve the past 30 days in the settings but now it just seems to be ignoring this setting..

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried deleting the account and retrying. I've wiped the data for the Mail app via Titanium and have cleared dalvik cache + cache in Amon-Ra. Is this a known issue with the mail 3.10 app? Is there a fix?

Advertisement

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    ET
    SC
    I don't know the answer but I wonder if you have posted the question in the Mik forums?

If it is a common problem with his roms maybe if he knew about it he could look into it and see why the rom is not playing well with ur server.

I don't use that setup or know it's characteristics or limitations, but wonder if you could have ur email forwarded, to use the only word i can think of, over to a gmail acct, for example, and then access it there?

Tags: