• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Mail stopped working?

Jman42028

May 17, 2011
by the lake..
anyone else having issues with the stock email program? It was working fine until last friday, and now every time I try to open it, it says "the application Mail (process com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly.

I FC it....I've pulled battery, done everything I can think to do other than the dreaded factory reset.....I have my work email linked to it. This is the first issue I've had with it...gmail seems to be working fine, but my work email and hotmail are not working at all now.

any ideas? (other than a factory reset, cuz I know thats what atheistreverend is gonna say, lmao)

This has made me seriously consider rooting and using miui or something of the sort...is everything working smooth with those? (I know this isn't the root section, but I know a lot of you guys are rooted and can answer that question)

thanks all!

And go Packers, and Brewers!!

If you don't want to do the factory reset give K9 a try.

My K9 mail has been working. My wife who also has an Inc2 hasn't said anything about her's stock email not working.

I had k9 on my original inc and was not impressed at all. It killed my battery. I see a lot of the same feedback on the marketplace. anyone with it on their inc2 noticing any problems?

Upvote 0
well I installed k9 and its working fine, battery is working fine, no big hits on it. Only problem is since the default mail program has crashed for whatever reason, I can't even see my acct info for my work email, so I can't add that to k9. Not a big deal I suppose, cuz my girlfriend used to bitch at me all the time for reading work emails at home, so now she has to find something else to complain about! lol, they always do anyways right?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem,

Since I purchased my DINC2 in late May, Sync in the native mail did not happen. while the Y!mail app did, the functionality of custom tones and signatures is absent. Then I got the Gingerbread update and another Verizon small packet and then all is fine until 4 days ago.

I have reset my phone two times and set up yahoo each time through the native mail app but nothing. I called verizon but was told that Yahoo! and Hotmail are often problems as the email carriers don't like the external devices operating without the premium services (paying for the POP services). I believe their is a work around and am now searching the forums for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones