1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC main weather widget not staying current.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UTnick, Oct 28, 2009.

1. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    my main HTC weather widget won't stay current. the one under the clock. i can get it to update correctly when i click on it, but on the main screen it just displays old stuff. it's getting really annoying. the only thing that updates it is when i power-cycle my phone.

can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

How long do you give it to update? Mine sometimes takes a minute or two after I pull it out of sleep. And it will not update unless I'm on WiFi or Mobile Network. I believe it's only set to pole for the weather every so often, not in real time.

3. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    i have let it sit for ten minutes without sleeping and nothing happens. it is pretty annoying. and this morning the weather read the same as it did when i went to bed last night. the widget is wrong and when i click and get in the app it is correct. grrrrrrrrrr

4. sir_knoxalot

sir_knoxalot Active Member

Oct 19, 2009
    IT Dude
    San Francisco
    Same here. My weather widget doesn't update automatically, I have to push update. Once that updates I go back to the home screen and have to wait for that weather under the clock to update, about 30 secs. (And yes, I checked the settings for Auto update)

Also, my stocks don't auto updated as well. Facebook and Twitter seem to update automatically just fine though. :thinking:

Tags: