1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Media Link Hd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simenfisk, Dec 18, 2012.

1. simenfisk

simenfisk Lurker

Hi.

I just got my HTC Media Link today, and on downloaded videos and even streaming through the Chrome app is great! But when i stream on the Netflix app, the picture and sound is stuttering. On the One X it runs smoothly, but not on the television. Any of you who knows how to fix or what the problem is?

Also the Netflix app is not working as it should, i have to troubleshoot one time, and then a can start the app, and also the scrolling in the app is messed up.

Would appriciate any help. Thanks

Simenfisk

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

3. coolbeans2015

coolbeans2015 Well-Known Member

I have been using the medialink for a couple of years. You can improve performace (stuttering and such) by turning off Bluetooth on the phone, making sure you have a relatively good field of view between your phone and the medialink, and believe it or not, most tabletop devices that surround tvs (ie dvrs, dvd players) emit fields of disturbance. Call them what you may, electromagnetic or whatever. If you place the media link by itself or as far away from any devices surrounding the tv, turn off Bluetooth and it always helps to have the phone plugged up to a power source as well this will help stop slow play and jitters on video.

4. coolbeans2015

I have a problem with my HTC Medialink as well. Like I said in my reply to another persons problem with stuttering & jittering on video, my problem is new.

For two years my HTC One sv (boost) worked great with the HTC Medialink. Now I have the HTC One m8 and it too works great playing videos, movies from my Xfinity app on the phone for my Comcast cable. But.... when I go to play Netflix, it shows on the tv my phones desktop, the Netflix app all the way through to choosing what I want to watch then just black where the video should be. Audio is fine. I have resetting the device with the phone. Restarts multiple times with the medialink, my phone. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Netflix. Updated, and removed the update for Netflix. No help. It plays anything & everything but the video in Netflix.

If any of you have ever done livechat or called HTC for customer service, tech help you know that is useless. If anyone on here has any thoughts or has encountered this, please help me shed some light with it. I cannot think of anything else to try, except dig my old HTC One sv out to watch Netflix on the TV.

Thanks,

lee

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Makes you wonder if they have a DRM issue. Normally, Netflix is better than others on that.

6. coolbeans2015

No, can't be anything to do with DRM. I just realized my medialink is the first one, revision uno. So I guess the m8 has left something behind. Just wish I had tried it out before the 1/2 lollipop upgrade came through. Which was within the first few days after purchase. It might fix this issue. Canada has just received the lollipop on the standard HTC One m8's. Currently on the unlocked & Developer editions are scheduled or are currently getting lollipop right now.

IF Anyone on this site has any ideas, please hit this post up.

danka,

lee

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Yeah - not the DRM on the Media Link - on the cast function on the phone. They redid the whole Miracast layer and deprecated things that could break DRM - not exactly sure, I was subscribed to that Google dev group - I'm going to guess last year?

Have you asked Netflix if it could be that and what they would suggest?

If Netflix sets a flag (not used before) then you're not going to cast it - which even as I say this, I know how bizarre that is because I cast Netflix to Chromecast every day (from my M8).

Anyway - trying to think out loud about who else to contact and why...

8. coolbeans2015

Long time in finding this, but here is your fix, and to any videophiles out there using Netflix's Android app.....
    NO MORE LAG!!!!
    http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/iGk8sKCx/file.html
    Download has three different modded versions of Netflix's 2.1.4 .apk with bitrates bumped up considerably. Fastest is 3,850kbps, second lowest is 3,000kbps, and there is another, that is like around 1,600 or so. Being as the default is, was 750kbps this is an outstanding performance jump. My issue that had came up where my HTC Media Link quit playing the video on flat panel, get to the point where you choose movie, soon as it started to play, went black. Audio worked, but nothing else, still could see play button, timeline across bottom and the three options in top right corner but video else wise was blacked out until video that is chosen is stopped and backed out of. I got a 'no lag' streaming account with Netflix once again!!!!
    Hope this helps.
    zach

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews