1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Messaging App..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RWil85, May 23, 2011.

1. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

Excuse me if this is ridiculous..

is there anyway to have a more HTC-like messaging app ported over to the Droid X?

i know there are alternatives (go sms, handcent, etc.); however, there aren't any that I like as much as the HTC stock app (call me crazy if you want)..

thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member

Since it is part of Sense, most likely you won't be able to get it on a non HTC phone. What is it about HTC's app that you like over others?

I may be wrong, but I've seen in the past where people ask about Sense items on other phones and being told that you can't run it unless you have the actual Sense system.

3. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

You need the sense framework. Seems all the sense roms for the DX have been abandoned.

4. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

It's similar to the blur stock app in its simplicity; however, I think the appearance of the HTC app is superior to the MOTO blur one..

Basically, I (along with most) think Sense > Blur and would like to get as close to that look as possible; although, I think you're right in that it's not possible - people do amazing work on the DX and I was just taking a shot.

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Like you, I miss Sense. However, there is hope with Gingerbread. Many of the members have installed the leaked version of "GB" and some who also miss Sense, are saying that the new GingerBlur is as good as/or better than Sense.

6. Steven58

Agreed. We don't have Sense, but Gingerblur is fantastic.

7. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

i'm just worried about everything I have on my phone not working or working as well as it does on my setup now..

also, i think i'll simply wait to see if the OTA gets rooted soon and if so, i'll do it...if not, i'll prob load up one of the leaks...595 i think?

8. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

+1

9. Jbart15

Jbart15 Member

+9999

Gingerblur is amazing to say the least, it is what it should've been in the first place.

10. Steven58

+1

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews