1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC music player - how to change the order of songs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daynamari, May 23, 2011.

1. daynamari

daynamari Lurker

Ok.. I'm gonna try my best to explain this...

I'm using the HTC music player on my Hero. When I'm on the main "now playing" screen, and I hit the button on the bottom right of the screen (the music note with play button) it takes me to a Now Playing list which contains ALL my songs. My question is, how can change the way it displays the songs in the list? It used to arrange the songs in alphabetical order by artist...

For example, the list would appear like this:

Apples by B
    Purple by B
    Yellow by B
    Black by Y
    Red by Y
    White by Y

Now the list is just in alphabetical order by song and NOT artist.. so it appears:
    Apples by B
    Black by Y
    Purple by B
    Red by Y
    White by Y
    Yellow by B

How do I get it back to displaying the songs in alphabetical order with artists also in alphabetical order... like in the first example? I know I can hit "menu > change order" but I've got 600+ songs and don't have the patience to rearrange them all manually. I just want to change it back to the old settings :(

Sorry for being wordy, I obviously suck at explaining things and couldn't think of a better way. I also just noticed this might be in the wrong section so I apologize for that too ;x

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

No problem! I'll move it for ya. Someome will be along soon to help you out.

Welcome tio the Forums, by the way!

daynamari likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Is there anyone familiar with the HTC music player who can help this poster?

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews