1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC News app problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by karielia, Aug 11, 2010.

1. karielia

karielia New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Hi guys - sorry if this is a basic question!

I've been using the inbuilt HTC News application to read RSS Feeds, and I like the interface, and find it very useful. But... it's really buggy! :(

Often I manually refresh a feed, but it won't bring in any updates (even if it's been several days since I last updated it, and I know new stories are available). And often I try to add feeds that I follow on the Internet by typing them in, and it says: "Add channel error: This URL is not correct." I'll know I've typed it in correctly, and I'll re-enter it a few times, and eventually (randomly) it'll accept it. Also the feeds never update automatically, even when I start up the app and go to the main page - I have to go to each feed individually and refresh. :thinking:

Does anyone else have these problems? Does it get better with Froyo (I haven't updated yet)? Or can anyone recommend a better RSS Feed reader which isn't so buggy?

Advertisement

2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

If you search the forum you'll find a few threads about this already. Seems to be a bit hit and miss whether it works.

Its fubar'd in froyo too.

I haven't tried any others yet so can't recommend. Again, if you search you'll probably find some :)

3. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I dont konw if having froyo has anything to do with it but mine works flawlessly with manual download and it did too before the froyo update. I have 8 selected channels is read and have selected.

4. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Mine usually works although I have quite a few feeds in it and it locks up for 30 seconds or so whilst it's updating, which is annoying. There seems to be a few bugs in the included HTC apps in general. HTC Peep started getting really slow on me and taking 3 or 4 minutes to refresh so I've now started using Twitroid, which is miles better. The People app is also full of bugs and the stock browser has a couple too.

5. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I've struggled with feed readers including the native HTC one since switching to Desire from BlackBerry and losing Viigo. However, I decided to subscribe to my news feeds in Google Reader and then to link that with my phone via FeedR. I now find that I prefer this app to Viigo, not least because it updates each feed really quickly as soon as I click into it enabling me to read the feeds upwards chronologically from where I was the previous time that I was in the app rather than downwards from newest first. Only a little thing but I like it and would say the app is well worth trying.

Steve.

6. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Works flawlessly for me. Haven't hit a bug in it yet and I use it daily for three feeds.

Tags: