• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Nexus Marlin (rumours)

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
So it's getting pretty close to that time of year again where Google announces this year's Nexus phones.

With the rumour mill now at full speed lets talk "Marlin".

5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display
Qualcomm quad-core processor
4GB RAM
32GB or 128GB storage
12MP rear camera
8MP front camera
Rear-mounted fingerprint reader
3450mAh battery
Bottom-firing speaker
Bluetooth 4.2
USB Type-C port

Codenamed “Marlin” this is the top flight Nexus phone for all us power users. From the rumoured specs it all looks good, although it would be nice to find out the processor type.

The one thing I don't like is the bottom firing speaker, I use my phone to watch films a great deal and my last 2 phones have had dual front speakers, so this is a massive down side for me and may well consider whether this is the phone for me, sadly. Fingers crossed for dual speakers!!

Another little item on the rumour mill is the fact “they”, whomever they are believe that the Nexus range will not have mutilitask windows active by default? This one seems odd to me.

What's your views on the 4gb of ram? Enough, or maybe considering that some top flight phones are hitting 6gb this year it's a little tight especially considering 3gb is the current standard on Nexus devices?

But anyhow, which Nexus are you lot looking forward to? Swordfish or Marlin, or maybe you want to wait for this not so top secret “Google” manufactured phone that's due sometime this year?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones