1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Nexus Marlin (rumours)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JAy3001, Jul 1, 2016.

1. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Dec 13, 2010
    Male
    UK
    So it's getting pretty close to that time of year again where Google announces this year's Nexus phones.

With the rumour mill now at full speed lets talk "Marlin".

Codenamed “Marlin” this is the top flight Nexus phone for all us power users. From the rumoured specs it all looks good, although it would be nice to find out the processor type.

The one thing I don't like is the bottom firing speaker, I use my phone to watch films a great deal and my last 2 phones have had dual front speakers, so this is a massive down side for me and may well consider whether this is the phone for me, sadly. Fingers crossed for dual speakers!!

Another little item on the rumour mill is the fact “they”, whomever they are believe that the Nexus range will not have mutilitask windows active by default? This one seems odd to me.

What's your views on the 4gb of ram? Enough, or maybe considering that some top flight phones are hitting 6gb this year it's a little tight especially considering 3gb is the current standard on Nexus devices?

But anyhow, which Nexus are you lot looking forward to? Swordfish or Marlin, or maybe you want to wait for this not so top secret “Google” manufactured phone that's due sometime this year?

Advertisement

#1 JAy3001, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    I'm looking forward to it. I would like to upgrade from the N6 but have yet to see a phone I want to upgrade to. I was underwhelmed by both the 5X and 6P.

Hopefully HTC (a manufacturer I have a great deal of respect for) can replace my beloved Motorola.
    ;)

#2 shalemail, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016